Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

Reunion Frenzy

CCI Batch '68 is going to have a mini reunion this year on November 2014. The venue is Cebu City. I am acting as the coordinator of the class but my close friends are also helping me in the dissemination of information and contacting others as well.
Last year we had our get together at Tagaytay. After the successful event, we discussed about this year's reunion. Our class president Joe proposed Cebu City, and Imelda and I began working around it. We held informal gatherings in Cotabato and Manila. There were other proposals, preferences and suggestions too. My job however is to communicate what transpired during our meetings and relate messages to and fro and get reactions from eager friends and not so eager ones. I further follow it up and confer with others through emails, phone calls, text messages, chats, etc. When a consensus is made, the class adheres to majority rules and the final solution is always decided by the class president Jose Lim. Joe is our class president. He has been our class president since high school. We declare him president for life. We force it upon him because Joe is such a calm and level headed person. He cares about the attendance of the less fortunate members and he also contributes the bigger, if not the biggest sum to our coffer. Our last class project was a gift of P100,000.00  to our former teacher and principal Mrs. Milagros Velasco on her 100th year old birthday celebration this year. Thankfully the old lady is still healthy and keen of mind.
Now, since I am also going out of town soon, I have thus begun my information campaign. My communication crosses Manila, Iloilo, Davao, Cebu, Cotabato, USA and Canada. I receive replies and begin counting attendance. I am very pleased, we have exceeded more than 20 persons who will be going to Cebu this November. Yehey!!! See you all soon!

Correction please: We gifted Mrs.Velasco P68,000.00 for Class'68 and not P100,000.00 for 100 years old. My mistake. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment