Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

Bucket List?

But I have no bucket list, yet I had been to places I never thought of going before. I just took and grabbed opportunities when they came. I am going to cite some of the more impressive places I never dreamed of going because of the distance/cost of travel. And yet I was fortunate. They were truly beautiful. Thank you God for your kindness and blessings:

1. Seoul, Korea - My friend Remy Wee got this cheap package as a travel agency operator. My sister Helen and I and another friend Ivy took chance with her. This happened on a lean travel season. Wallah! I got to see beautiful autumn foliage for the first time in my life!

2. London -
3. Paris -
4. Lourdes, France -
5. Monet House, Normandy, France - These places I was able to visit when my daughter Marion was in UK taking up her masters degree at the University of Warwick. The family went to see her after her course study for the simple reason that we wanted to be with her, specially her twin Martha. It was also an opportune time to travel to this far flung continent. If it wasn't for Marion, I would not have really come. Roy also flew from USA to be with us. The children were resourceful with their information. We picked up specific sites to visit. I did a Marian pilgrimage in Lourdes which was closest to a bucket wish list I thought I never had.

6. Tulip Festival, Skagit, Washington, USA - During one of our trips to USA, my son Roy brought us to see this wonderful place in Washington during Easter Sunday. The weather was cold and nice. And the fields with rows and rows of colorfully well planted flowers were simply awesome and magnificently beautiful. I need not go to Holland to see the sights. I never dream of seeing such wonderment. And on Easter Sunday too!!!

7. El Nido Resorts, Palawan, Philippines - One of the costliest places to visit in the Philippines but my son Emil was able to get us a 50% discount. I suggested a "Dutch Treat" fare expense procedure, to which everybody agreed. The whole family including Roy (on vacation from USA) and Tom with his wife and children went to El Nido for a great family holiday.

Thank you for the blessings my God!

No comments:

Post a Comment