Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Rain

It's raining. I love the weather since I stay home most of the time now. The down cast atmosphere makes me feel sleepy, if not hungry. On rainy days, I like to cuddle up on my bed and read a book. Few days ago, I just pick an old detective book from my children's bookshelf entitled "Gambit". I actually haven't read one about Nero Wolfe, the detective yet. This book must have belonged to either Roy or Emil. I have been reading it too slowly. In my younger days, I could have finished this in one day or one night. Anyway, aside from reading, I enjoy drinking my tea with this season's mooncakes. They go together so well. I like playing the piano too. Unfortunately my piano sounds thin and weak. The higher do sharp is not working. My old tuner did a very poor job. At present I am trying to contact a new tuner from Davao who keeps on promising to come but has not visited me yet despite all my SOS calls. However poor the piano condition, I continue to tinker with it daily, playing a lot of my newly learned beginner's pieces. And since it is already September, I have also started reviving my old Christmas carols. It's never too early for Yuletide to start here in the Philippines. It may sound weird, but I seem to enjoy doing all these trifle things more on a rainy day. It must be the sense of peace of being home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment