Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Mother of Christ

Today September 8 is the birthday of our Blessed Mother. This year, it happily coincides with the celebration of Mid Autumn Moon Festival which is one of the most auspicious days in the Chinese calendar. Today is also our house anniversary. We moved into this abode in 1980. We have lived here for 34 years already and  I have so much to thank for. Thank you O God for your mercy, love and blessings; thank you O Holy Mother for being with us. O Lord, please continue to love us and bless us; O Blessed Mother, please intercede and pray for us always.

This morning, I attended first mass at Queen of Peace Church. Many parishioners were also present. I woke up very early to personally cook and I brought a casserole of congee to church for the after-mass breakfast sharing. The atmosphere was gay for this was a special event. It was the beginning of our redemption by choosing the right woman to be the mother of Christ.

For this afternoon, I will treat our employees with pancit guisado. I have already instructed our cook to prepare 3 kilos of noodles. It will be served as special snack at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Tonight, my husband and I will enjoy our television shows with mooncakes and hot tea. But not to forget to say the rosary first for the intention of our most holy mother for the salvation of the world. O Lord, do not forget the people who call on you my God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment