Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

General Cleaning and Musing for the Big Dragon Year

After the yuletide comes Chinese New Year. For good luck and good vibes, I have to embark on some spring or general cleaning. I wash and dry and return my Christmas decors back to their boxes again, to stash them in the storage for another year's use.
For the coming Chinese New Year, I put up some oriental decors to adorn my home. In the process, I clean up some drawers and throw away broken and useless old things. It's the coming of the year of the dragon. Hopefully it's going to be a big and prosperous and peaceful year for all of us good people :) My husband Lucas is a dragon person. I pray it will be a great year for him as in the year 2000 and 2001, when he was the president of the CCI alumni association for two years. With the help of his officers and friends, he brought the Ling Nam Martial Arts Association to Cotabato to perform for the first time in the streets of the city and during our alumni homecoming party the notable dragon and lion dances. It was a safer year that time. This time around 12 years after, everybody is praying for peace and safety. For the past three years, the city is enveloped in darkness. So much wickedness has been unleashed. I hope this year, the water dragon will drown them all, so that we can live in peace again. Gung si fa chai!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment