Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Bonding with my sister Helen

Last semestral break, I went to Manila for a week's vacation. In Manila though, most of my children were busy with school and work. Those who had some free time tried to spend their days with me. But if they were busy, I really didn't like to bother them. Instead I spent more of my semestral vacation going out with my sister Helen. Together we went for:
1. massage and foot spa
2. snacks
3. Wednesday afternoon mass at Mt. Carmel
4. supper at Terriyaki Boy
5. Helen's haircut at Promanade
6. a nice movie entitled "City of Ember"
7. (next day) Pilgrimage to Sto. Domingo, also with sister-in-law Dianne and her circle group
8. lunch at peri-peri
9. Helen's birthday celebration on October 31 at brother Jun's place
10. All Saint's Day vigil and visitations at Manila Memorial
11. stroll at Rockwell Center
12. and a movie show at rockwell center

Come to think of it, the "Tuesday night Baclaran Church visitation" or "wednesday meeting" that we the siblings used to observe, all started from the two of us (Helen and I).
While she was still residing in Cotabato, Helen and I would go out every Wednesday for the intention of lighting candles and/ or a novena at the Cathedral. I would fetch her from her home, together we would go to VIP House to chat with sister Jeannette and then snacked. We met regularly on Wednesday for it was sister Helen's free day of the week. It started with the two of us and eventually Jeannette joined us. Later Jeannette insisted that we met regularly in Manila too since most of the siblings were there already.
This time, I said..."Let's continue with what we have started even if it remains the two of us who have time for one another." We had fun time bonding as sisters. Infact we always enjoy each other's company.

No comments:

Post a Comment