Pages

Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas 2014

Although I have been coughing since the start of the Advent season, yet my weak constitution has not dampened my Christmas spirit. I deck the house with yuletide decors and lights. The children have come home and my house is set for love, laughter and cheers. The carolers have come, gifts are exchanged and food on the table are plentiful. Aside from serving my homecoming children with healthy food like fish (dalag), papaya, young coconut, guyabano, vegetables etc, I also pamper them their decadent favorites like pizza and pasta meal, pineapple pie, cakes, various chocolate candies, rich local delicacies and so on and so forth.

On December 24th, my family and I hosted a Christmas Eve party. Because the church had scheduled the Christmas mass at eight o'clock in the evening which was an hour earlier than the previous year, I therefore also requested my guests, friends and relatives to come earlier for dinner. Thankfully they all came at around 6:00 PM, we henceforth commenced eating at about 6:20.

"Glitters" was this year's party theme. My friends came with glittering clothes and accessories. Conchita Co won the most shinning outfit, while Nelly Ma won the most creative award. They both received the same prizes. Actually the prize was a simple Christmas token which I bought very recently last November from the Seattle Farmers Market. It is a digital necklace of twinkling Christmas lights. I worn one myself that evening and everybody liked the unique trinket. The winners for their effort, were simply happy to take home their prizes. Hehehe.

After dinner, chit chats and the many picture takings, the party wrapped up at 7:30 PM. Most of the guests were also attending the evening mass. Thankfully my maids took care of cleaning up. How can I ever function without my helpers!

Christmas is a gift in its entirely. We rejoice and we are cheerful. God wants us to be happy. It is a homecoming, the center of which is Christ the Lord!!! Thank you for coming to us dear Jesus. Keep us in your love.

Below are pictures of the Christmas eve party:

 My friends and I
 The party
 The kids and their moms
 The guys like to sit together
 Family homecoming
 The ladies group together
 The young ones
 Group picture
 Most creative award
 
 The winners
Wacky
 MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment