Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Bad Weather

Typhoon Hagupit/Ruby lashes at the Visayas region and Southern Luzon including Manila these many days. I am extremely worried, for Tom lives in Cebu City (Visayas) and Emil, Martha and Marion in Metro Manila. I follow a lot of tracking systems including those of CNN, and it seems that from the start, the CNN weather report has shown that the typhoon is not going to spare populous Metro Manila. I am so concerned because I know that my second home in Manila, despite several repairs, continue to have a leaking gutter and broken downspouts which are located on the third floor at the back of the house. I am so afraid that the gutter might give way once the typhoon gushes out. But now that the typhoon has passed by, I am relieved that there has been no report of damages at my second home, yet I still have to see it for myself though. Sometime next year, I need to do some repairing or renovation again.

During the approach of the typhoon, many people including myself resort to prayers and indeed our prayers have been heard. If you know, December 8 is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception and the blessed Mother does not abandon those who call on her Son. Thank you O Lord, my God for honoring your most blessed mother. We are spared of many lives and danger during her feast day.

However here in Cotabato, in Central Mindanao, it has been so so warm. The weather is so extreme. I think it has not rained for almost two weeks now. When the weather gets so hot, I also get sick. I remember I used to get sick during summer time when I was a child. At present, I am currently ill. I have colds and cough, sore throat and slight fever. I have been sick for 3 days now. I medicate myself and hope to get better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment