Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Saturday night

I look forward to Saturday nights where my friends and I continue to exercise at home by way of group dancing. Actually it was more of the camaraderie and keeping in touch that we look forward to. The remaining few of us are siolan, sofia, kian, tina and I. While the girls are doing the cha cha routines, James Yap and Lucas sip tea ( not beer :) and they watch Chinese tv shows in the sala.
For the past several weeks, we have decided to fore-go the old chacha, instead we opted to do new challenging moves. hahaha! We are now practicing "My Little Grass Shack" a Hawaiian dance, follow by a mild modern tahitian number "Jeho" (not sure of the spelling :) and also a modern Chinese dance which concludes our workout for the night. But these three new dances that we taught ourselves make us all topsy turby. There is a little difficulty with memory and mobility but we are still dead set on catching up the new challenge :)
It so happened that last night we tried to out-do each other. We did 6 rounds of hawaiian, 3 rounds of tahitian and 3 rounds of modern chinese. On the final round of the Chinese song, Siolan and I were so tired that we were all in a hurry to finish the dance. At the end, we were all dancing it wrong individually and I was always ahead of the next steps. While dancing, I could see Sofia seriousness in trying to remember, Siolan"s confused expressions and Tina and Kian efforts to keep up. Siolan did several wrong turns and twice I looked like a comedian doing a number ahead of the others that I laughed out loud and long. I laughed so hard that my rib cage hurt. I have not laughed liked this for a long long time. Hahahahaha... What a Saturday night!

5 comments:

  1. Is it "Jaiho"? It's an Indian number. Maybe I have a different song in mind. Hehehe... glad you are enjoying dancing

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeh, come to think of it...yeh. Maybe that's the one. Hahaha how people can improvise! :) hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahahaha. sounds major fun auntie!! grabe. mas active ka pa ata sakin. hahahaha. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Create your own activities with common friends :)

    ReplyDelete