Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

tv programs

It may be interesting to know that I acquired my first tv set in 1982, two years after I transfered to my present home. Television was the least of the luxurious items that I needed to purchase for myself since I grew up without one.( Camera is also another equipment that is not one of my priorities too.) Today however it is the most common appliance found in a home. People can't live without it. We just simply glued ourselves to the tube. I realized I have become dependent on it too. I even have one inside my bedroom and I switched programs before I go to sleep. hehehe! But unlike many others who turn on their set the first thing they arrive home, my viewing time though starts at 9 pm. I am totally alien with telenovelas, be they Chinese, Korean or Filipino. I don't watch noon time shows either. I prefer to take my afternoon nap instead.
What do I watch? Sadly I can't even share with most of my friends my favorite programs. They are quite disinteresting to them.I tuned in to:
1. ANC for business news and World Tonight,
2. CNN for international news,
3. AXN for Amazing Race Asia,
4. StarWorld for Monk, also American Idol and Smarter Than A Fifth Grader which are not in season now,
5. Lifestyle for Iron Chef America,
6. and Bloomberg.
I tell you, the news on Bloomberg these days is so exciting and frustrating. It's not for the weak of heart. When I couldn't stand the bad news no longer, I quickly switch it off. That's the last program I usually watch before I go to sleep.
hohum!

1 comment:

  1. Watching bloomberg before bed? *shudder* Might give you nightmares! Hehehe... Hopefully your financial investments are doing OK :)

    ReplyDelete