Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Testimonial Dinner

Lucas and I attended Ateneo's testimonial dinner for graduating honorees last night. It was heart warming because Marion was very happy. She was included among the honorees as she will be graduating honorable mention come this Marth 29th. She was excited to show us who's who in the crowd. She introduced us to her friends and also to one of her favorite teachers. We got seated on table no. 8 and I didn't realized we were just adjacent to the next table of VIPs among whom were Father Nebres SJ,  Mr. Rudy Ang, Mr. Martin Lorenzo the guest speaker and others. On our table were two cum laude awardees and their parents and guests. The program began right after a delicious supper. Unfortunately, the guest speaker gave a long and irritating speech. I don't like to say bad words but he was not a very humble person. I personally think people of such big stature need not boast. I honestly think that real big people are humble and lovable just like Father Nebres. Well, sour lemon maybe on my part for I am just simply a small inidividual. But nothing mattered because it was Marion's night. She was pretty, petite and younger than most. She was unfazed by big names and big people and big titles. She was almost standing side by side with Father Nebres when the school song was sung. Marion was simply happy. My heart swelled just looking at her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment