Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Graduation

Graduation rite is always long, more so when the graduating students are more than a thousand which was the case with the Ateneo's commencement ceremony yesterday. It was tremendously hot and although Lucas and I had special seats, I could hardly see Marion marched in. I craned my neck long enough to see her though.
Marion was among the first 50 graduates under BS Management to receive her diploma. After walking up the stage, she came down and approached us accompanied by an usherette who was carrying her medal. Lucas and I got up. I bestowed the medal on her while Lucas took our pictures. It was most memorable. As it was with all my children, I always felt like crying during their graduations. I felt the same weakness yesterday but had to control myself. As I told my children, those who were present with me last night. "You are happy. We are also very happy. Your graduation is somehow our accomplishment too." I always feel emotional to see my children grow-up.  Congratulation Marion! You make us proud

3 comments:

  1. was her graduation as long as mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same same but yours was a whole day affair that started with baccalaureate mass, practice and graduation on the same day while her schedules were split in two days - baccalaureate on Friday and graduation on Saturday. Practice on Saturday morning and graduation at 4pm that ended at 7. By the way, there were two separate graduation days for BS and AB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It was a long ceremony and pretty hot! But all of it was overwhelmed by the happiness I felt :) Thanks for the opportunity to study in Ateneo! Well... onto the next phase of life!

    ReplyDelete