Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

3 day visit

Lehua, the youngest sister of my husband came to Cotabato for a 3 day visit from Feb. 11 to 13. She is now a US immigrant and has not come home for a long long time. Her short stay was a whirlwind of activities: such as catching up the latest news, eating her favorite food, meeting good old friends, visiting graveyards, dinner with relatives, protocol meetings, bearing gifts and receiving gifts and unending talking and talking etc. I was happily distracted. I couldn't do my homework well. I didn't realized that she being petite and small could have such an energy and appetite. Her sister Lechu kept her company all the while. As I told Lechu while fetching Lehua from the airport,  "You have only one sister. How long and how soon will she be back again? we do not know." They slept together at my home last night. It was nice having Lehua here even for three days only. Lucas surely felt her absence tonight. But in a week time, another contingent from Canada will be coming for a visit: Luson and his wife Bibi, his 2 daughters and a grandchild. Until then,

No comments:

Post a Comment