Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Reposting from Facebook

The last Sunday mass I attended was on March 15, 2020 at Queen of Peace Church before the community lockdown in Cotabato City on March 16. I was one of the readers and I was very paranoid because most of the people were not very aware of the gravity of the spread of the virus yet. (And careless about distancing). I was really scared of using the microphone too close to my mouth, sharing it with two other people; Cecile the first reader (I was the second reader) and our priest Father Samson. I wiped the microphone with cleansing wipes before the start of the liturgy, but still I was not very confident enough about its safety. After the mass, I left the church immediately, and together with my husband and my friend Siolan, off we went to the beach to bask under the sun and swim in the sea. Today marks my seventh Sunday to attend mass on tv.
O Lord, for how long will you deliver us from our anxiety and fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment