Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Healing Rosary

Last night, May 6 at nine in the evening, my husband, my household-helps and I  participated in the 8th Healing Rosary for the World; live-streamed from Manila Cathedral, Facebook. It all began when Pope Francis led his flock in praying.
1. Pope Francis led the first healing rosary in Rome on March 19, 2020 during the Feast Day of St. Joseph, the foster father of Jesus.
2. The Next Wednesday, March 25, on the Feast of Assumption, our very own Cardinal Luis Tagle in Rome, Italy, followed his footsteps by leading the healing rosary. Because of the big following among Filipinos, subsequently the healing rosary came to be recited in the Philippines every Wednesday at nine o’clock in the evening, covering different churches around the country. The following below are the sequences done by different churches: if my memory serves me right.
3. The third healing rosary was recited at the Sto. Nino Cathedral in Cebu City, with the original statue of the Infant Jesus.
4. Then at Antipolo Church with the miraculous statue of our Blessed Virgin Mary.
5. Followed by Dagupan Church led by Bishop Villegas with the miraculous statue of Our Lady of Manaoag.
6. Then at the Immaculate Conception Cathedral, Cubao, Quezon City with the replica statue of Our Lady of La Naval.
7. The 7th healing rosary was led by the archbishop of Davao in his residence in Davao City.
8. Last night, 5 different churches led the 5 mysteries with participation coming from various orders of religious men and women of the Philippines. The five churches that led the rosary were:
    a. Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes in Quezon City
    b. Minor Basilica of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Quezon City
    c. Church of Mary, Help of Christians, Paranaque
    d. Shrine of Our Mother of Perpetual Help, Baclaran, Manila
    e. Church of Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary of La Naval Manila,  Sto. Domingo, Quezon City

Last night, the 8th Healing Rosary was quite long, as 5 different churches were leading each mystery. The different religious orders and groups were also given importance in their participations. There were singing of hymns, homilies and the recitation of the litany. I love the litany but I was not very keen with the homilies. In fairness though, some religious persons gave beautiful talks. I was just restless because the night was getting late and my husband and the maids had work to do the next day.

But I was very happy because many a friend were following the healing rosaries every week because I have been messaging and reminding them. And besides, because I felt that those five churches last night were somehow chosen very closely to my heart: I felt really close to Jesus and my blessed mother.
1. When I was young, my cousin Nelly, a devotee of our Lady of Lourdes and her sisters brought me to the Retiro Church to attend mass. There was one incident where I looked up to the crown on the statue and was mesmerized by the sparkle of the gems on her head. My cousin Adele saw my fixated gazed upon the crown, she thought I was kind of crazy. Hahaha. My going to that church had somehow brought about my own devotion to Our Lady of Lourdes.
2.  Ever since my father and my siblings moved residency to New Manila, Quezon City, I have personally felt that I belonged to the parish of Mt. Carmel Church whenever I was there. These days, although I am not living in New Manila anymore, I still prefer to attend my Sunday masses at Mt. Carmel Church whenever I am there. I truly love the serenity and the solemnity and the ambiance of the church.
3. I have never been to the Church of Mary, Help of Christians, but I had been drawn to this title of our Blessed Mother when I was praying for my son Emil while he was studying at Ateneo de Manila University. While praying the litany, for the intentions of Emil, I singled out Mary, Help of Christians to help my son with his hardships. Thank you O Blessed Mother for your many help. When this covid 19 will be gone and done, I will try to visit this church. My best friend Imelda Bugayong agreed to go with me too.
4. As you know, my siblings and I are devotees of Our Mother of Perpetual Help. When I am in Manila, together with my siblings, we go visit  Baclaran Church on Tuesday nights to offer our prayers and petitions to our mother to intercede for us.
5. I used to study at UST. The university is run by the Dominican priests, so too with the Sto. Domingo Church of Our Lady of La Naval. The Lady of La Naval is akin to Our Lady of Rosary. I visited Sto. Domingo Church few times, but I pray my rosary religiously these days.
O Blessed Mother, do intercede for us.
O God, have mercy on us. Have mercy on your people.

No comments:

Post a Comment