Pages

Monday, February 18, 2019

Elusive Peace

Peace seems to be elusive. After the bombing at the entrance of South Sea's Mall last New Year's Eve, the campaign for the plebiscite for the inclusion of Cotabato City to the Bangsang Moro (Muslim autonomy) ensued in January. There were caravans of rallies of pro supporters coming in from the out skirts. Many Christians were scared of another Marawi (Isis atrocity) scenario and thus fled the city in a hurry. The true Cotabatenos stayed on, but alas, for the ensuing procedures for the incoming plebiscite, the comelec was seemingly lax and so were the military manning the check points. Too many flying voters were able to infiltrate. To the dismay of many Cotabatenos, after the plebiscite, Cotabato City lost the area to the Moros. It looked like we were made a sacrificial cow to appease the Bangsang Moro leadership. Maybe, I was thinking, the soldiers also do not like to fight the long running moro insurgency war anymore, hence Cotabato City was easily taken in such manner. O God have mercy on us.

Jolo City of Sulu, Philippines, however won its independency from the inclusion but few weeks later, horrifyingly, the cathedral in Jolo was bombed during a mass, more than 20 people died and scores were injured. O God have mercy on us.

Personally, I was on the other hand having a conflict with my high school friend. It seemed that I had offended her in one of our high school chums get together last January. She accused me of being rude to her with my boisterous voice. Well honestly, whenever there is an exchange of opinions, I have always been very vocal and loud, maybe to the extend of rudeness. So, I apologized to her and my batch mates as well in an email addressed to all, but the kitten had turned into a tigress. The tone of her reply to my letter of apology was indeed very harsh and full of ire. Well, maybe I deserved it rightly for explaining something very emphatically to someone whom I thought could not get my message rightly. Well, I did my part to make peace, if she is unforgiving, I am indeed truly sorry.

Oh then, why is peace so elusive. Correct me and protect us O Lord!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment