Pages

Friday, February 1, 2019

Christmas 2018, Late Posting

Lucas and I came home to Cotabato few days before December 8, 2018 to celebrate the Feast of the Immaculate Conception in Cotabato City. Our blessed mother is the patron saint of Cotabato City and the whole of the Philipines. It's a holiday of obligation. For me Christmas officially begins on this feast day. Every Christmas, I decorate my house to be happy and cheerful for the season. This year, my children were all coming home for Christmas (except for Roy in USA). We traditionally host a party at home on the 24th. This year my theme was in line with Catriona Gray winning the Miss Universe title. My instruction was for my guests to bring their own crowns. Hahaha.

And so my children began to trikle home on different dates:
1. Tom, Angel, Dylan and Yuri left Cebu on the 19th of December, went to Zamboanga and arrived Cotabato on the 22nd.
2. Marion arrived Manila from New Zealand on the 19th.
3. Emil and Suiling enplaned to Manila from Cebu on the 22nd,
4. Emil and Suiling together with Marion and Martha (who works and lives in Manila), the four of them came home on the 23rd of December. I had a full house. All my rooms were well occupied.

Some friends were out of town, but the party was well attended by those who were present. This year for the first time, I invited our parish priest Rev. Father Charlie Celeste DCC. I was glad he obliged  to accept my invitation. The party on the 24th had to start early because our evening mass was to start early too. My daughters-in-law Angel and Suiling took efforts to make the sashes for the winners. Below are some pictures:

 My "Miss Universe" Christmas party aides: Marion, Angel, Suiling and Martha.
 Marion and Father Charlie Celeste, DCC
 Photo op with the relatives
 Friends and relatives.....
 The party table....
 In this corner....
 The kids.....
 Preparing the spread......
 Grace before meal by Father Charlie Celeste.
 After dinner, the pageant commenced..........
 The lava walk by Lechu Chua. Hahaha.
 Jeanette Yu competing the lava walk. Hahaha.
 Semi finalists!!!
 
 The finalist: Tina and Conchita.
 Holding hands....hahaha.
 The winner - Tina Tan! Pinning of the sashes assisted by my two daughters-in-law.

Merry Christmas!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment