Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Sick Before the Holidays

First, I came to Manila and had a disturbing soar throat. I went to my doctor and he prescribed antibiotics. Instead of 250 mg twice a day dosage, I changed it to 500 mg once a day in the morning. My throat felt better but I  kind of experienced heart burn in the evening despite an active day. Then I also took a wrong dosage of omega 3 supplement, instead of two capsules of 500 mg, I mistakenly took 2 capsules of 1000 mg. I had a terrible stomach discomfort yesterday. I think my stomach could not digest the strong medicines I was taking. I could not pass out the air inside of me. I was scared that I might have urinary tract infection, or some stomach flu and I did not like to infect people with the flu virus specially my daughter Marion is leaving for New Zealand tonight on the eve of the Chinese New Year for a thee year doctorate program. I also worry about Emil's girl friend Sue who has low body resistance and my husband who depends a lot on me. And to make thing worse, our family driver is also sick and is absent. 
Today, on the eve of the Chinese New Year, there are a lot of on-going activities. At three am in the morning, martha left for Puerto Princesa, Palawan with her Meralco tennis friends for a 3 day vacation. Emil had a fun run in makati at four, and Marion is leaving for nz at 7 pm. And here I am helpless with my stomach discomfort. Earlier, I was even thinking of going to st. Luke emergency center for diagnosis. But I may just try to rest at home today, maybe I will feel better later. I hate myself for being sick and careless and stupid regarding my physical welfare, whatever....

Gang xi fa cai everyone! Good health, peace, prosperity and happiness and success to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment