Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Long and Busy February

Continuing from previous and updated post entitled Busy February.....

February 14 - Lucas and I attended Sunday mass in the morning. At night we went to a birthday party. During the party, I narrated to my friends about my scary back and buttock painful experience in Manila. After which many of my friends related their own experiences too. I then realized that many had had this malady before. Yet I think, mine could have been more painful. Hehehe.

February 16 - My Canadian visitors arrived Cotabato in the persons of Dr. Antonio Tan the second elder brother of Lucas, his wife Peck Ka and daughter Sharleen. 

February 17 - my visitors and Peck Ka's siblings went to Lake Sebu for an over night stay. Lucas and I spent a peaceful and quiet day at home at LCT without much fun fare on this our 42nd wedding anniversary date. We treated our store workers with cha-mi, bread, cakes and soft drinks though. May our life together be blessed by God with good health, safety, peace and happiness with all my children and grandchildren. I always do ask for mercy from God and I am ever thankful for the many blessings and help He has given me.

February 18 - my visitors arrived home safely from their trip to Lake Sebu.

February 19 - today, Antonio, peck ka, Sharleen and peck ka's siblings went to Asik Asik to see the fabulous panoramic curtain falls. It was a newly discovered falls that came directly not from a lake but from the mountain slopes. I have seen it featured on tv and in papers but I haven't actually been there yet. Someday, I hope to be able to see it too.

February 20, 21 - I bought food and fruits, prepared home cooked dishes for my visitors. They had very different tastes and preferences, but I did my best to feed them. On Sunday, since it was the day-off of my househelps, I suggested that the family eat out. It was a dinner among Tan family members only for Peck Ka did not like having big parties. The dinner at Connie's restaurant was set for 9 people namely: Lucio, conchita, Antonio, peck ka, Luna, Tina, Lucas, Sharleen and me. I ordered crabs, calamares, sinigang na hipon, steam laps lapu, rice and fruit platters. I specifically ordered the food to be brought to the table still hot coming from the stove. Sharleen had weak stomach. Twice or trice she suffered from stomach trouble while vacationing in Cotabato. Tomorrow they would be going home.

February 22 - Alas! Sharleen got sick the night after the dinner. She could have eaten something wrong. She vomitted and had loose bowel movements twice in the night. Yet no one got sick except her. There might be something she ate that made her stomach reacted that way. I was guessing she must be allergic to crabs, because I clearly remember she also got sick after eating crabs from her mother's side of the family during one of her many vacations in Cotabato City. She got better I think after resting awhile in the morning, and they all left for Manila to go back to Canada.

February 25 - I am back in Manila now. It being the EDSA Revolution holiday, there was not much traffic on the way. I came by myself. Lucas will follow suit on March 6. What a long and busy February it is to me! And February is not over yet. Tomorrow I will have some brain storming meeting with my friends in preparation for our class 68, 48th leap year anniversary which will take place on March 2 to 5. See you very soon In March, my friends.


2 comments:

  1. Sometimes allergic reaction can cause bad stomach. I know somebody who his allergic to squid and the reaction is like that of food poisoning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes allergic reaction can cause bad stomach. I know somebody who his allergic to squid and the reaction is like that of food poisoning.

    ReplyDelete