Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2015

My Concerns

My house is in disarray because of the cracks, leaks and on going repairs on my roof deck. I am in total hysteria, so stressed and in despair as it rains continuously for two weeks. The weather begins to calm down yesterday though and today my heart is more or less at peace. I have to thank God that despite the many troubles, he sends me help in terms of good and kind people: The laborers who work on the roof deck, the store employees who attend to my SOS calls, my househelps who assist me at all times......at times I feel humbled and shamed seeing how hard everybody is working even in the middle of a bad down pour. I am sincerely touched that they are all truly concerned about me and my near nervous breakdown.

Today, the sun is up. It is a blessed Sunday. In the morning, my husband and I attend the Sunday Mass. At church, I am pleasantly surprised that we are requested to bring the bread and wine for the mass offering. Somehow it makes me feel that God is telling me that he is near and listening to me.

Today the Chinese celebrates mid autumn festival. Today is also my house 35th year anniversary. It is an auspicious day! For good vibes, I put potted plants inside the house. I adorn my mini grotto and my sala with orchids plucked from my rooftop garden. I greet my children over the mobiles a "happy moon festival!". In the afternoon, my husband and I snack on tea and moon cake. Sister Jeannette come to visit at night. My heart has somehow quieted down. I do my daily rosary after supper. But I need to pray more....... for aside from the concern regarding my leaking house, the more important concern at the moment is for the good health of Sui Ling, my son Emil's girlfriend who is diagnosed with pre-leukemia disease. Her operation is tentatively postponed due to insurance coverage issue. With out the insurance, there is financial constrain because of the transplant gigantic cost. I have to continuously pray to God for Sui Ling and my son's intentions. Have mercy on them O Lord. Have mercy.

Dear Lord, please graciously hear my prayers. Have mercy on us O Lord! Have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment