Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Hong Kong Trip with My Siblings #2

One afternoon, after a long day of walking and shopping with Boy and Diane; we decided to go back to our hotel room early. Lucas and I rested our feet, watched tv and ate some chips and fruits. By 6 PM, I became restless. What to do? Sleep? Go out for supper? Shop again? No way!!!!! I wasn't going to sleep at 6PM nor eat supper when I was still full. I wanted to go out but I didn't want to roam the same vicinity anymore. I wanted to see other places but where to go and how to go? I wasn't really savvy with the train system and  was really afraid of getting lost. Just then, wallah, I received a text from Ollie informing me that he and Solan were just resting in their room, and asking what time to take supper with the broods? Helen who mostly go out with me, was of course in her room too.

I had a sudden bright idea. I wanted to go out and see the night lights of Hong Kong! I would invite Ollie and Solan and Helen. We could take the Star Ferry and go across to the Kowloon side near the Harbor, or take a taxi to Aberdeen Court and eat a sumptuous dinner at the floating Jumbo restaurant. I called up Helen and Ollie. I said. "We are going home in two days. Tomorrow night we will be packing up for an early morning flight. Tonight is our only chance to have a night out. Let's go out and stay up late." Surprisingly they all agreed to come with me. It was the rush hours and after failing several times to get taxis to Aberdeen, we opted to go to the Star Ferry instead. Ollie of course had to lead the way through the subway stations. According to Lucas, it was a long walking trip to reach our destination, however I didn't feel it because I was just too excited to go out. Hehehe.

The Star Ferry ride was breezy and relaxing. It went across the harbor to the Kowloon side.The night lights along Kowloon was pretty. We took several pictures. We walked a little and reached Harbor City. The atmosphere in Harbor City was lively and gay. There were young boys break dancing near the huge mall. There was also another group blowing big bubbles. Big crowds were mingling around and the huge mall was brightly lighted. I remembered a restaurant nearby that served Peking duck. (Lucas and I were once billeted in Harbor City many years ago with Domingo and his wife Jackie). Luckily instead of going to the huge mall, we walked the path to where the restaurants were located, and my eyes quickly spotted the "Peking Garden" that served Peking duck. There and then, I invited everybody to a Peking duck dinner. We had been tirelessly walking. Going out that night was my bright idea, therefore it was but right that I treated them to a sumptuous dinner. To make a long story short, we had a wonderful night out. We only thought of getting back when it started to rain. We went back to the hotel via the Metro rail. All my other siblings were wondering where we'd been. We came back very late almost 12 PM, dead tired and ready to go to sleep. Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment