Pages

Monday, June 22, 2015

Humdrum?

I am 63 years old. I am comfortably retired. I live with my husband and househelps in a big house. My children are dispersed in Manila, Cebu and USA. At home, I surf the Internet, play simple piano pieces, do crosswords and scrabble with my iPad, cook a viand or two for my husband, read the papers, pray the rosary....... boring? Yes, maybe.......but honestly, that is the way I like it to be. 


I am done raising five children who were more sickly than normal kids. I had my share of rushing them to hospital at night, filling my cabinets with all sorts of medicine; tutoring them, following up their progress in school, motivating and supplementing other intellectual and/or physical activities, disciplining with the proverbial "stick",  and catching up while they grow up. With lots of prayers, thankfully the Lord God heard and helped me during all those years and my children turned out to be quite all right. May the good Lord continue to guide them in their endeavors and undertakings today.

So these days, I sleep late and stay up late. I wile my time doing things I like to do, reading comics, and writing blogs. Hahaha. Unlike many of my friends, I am not patient enough to follow TV series (soap opera), be they Tagalog, English, Taiwanese, or Koreans. Nor am I capable enough too, to think of amassing more riches or even pretty enough for vanities. I try to be more health conscious though by doing simple stretching exercises. I do tai chi on Sunday with my husband Lucas. And recently, I have revived and organized our weekly dance group. Currently my friends and I are doing some hip hop dances that seem more retro than modern. Hahaha. Also, I enjoy cooking snacks for my dancing group too. How I wish for our city to become more peaceful, so we can go out more often and enjoy other activities. As of now though, I pray to have more peace and quiet, and to keep strong and healthy everyday. For me, a humdrum life is not too bad after all. Thank you dear Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment