Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

Home Sweet Home

I was in Manila for 3 weeks:
1. Primarily to oversee the repair of my downspouts (of my second home in Manila) which were found leaking since last year. Good repairmen were hard to find. My roof was high and steep. It would be difficult for anybody to do a good job. I desperately prayed to St. Joseph for help. Coincidentally my sister Imelda heard my outcry and recommended a good repairman. I made appointment with him to do the work. We set a schedule for the repair and I flew to Manila to be there. Thank to St. Joseph, that this person my sister recommended was specializing in roofing work. His fee was reasonable and I trusted him and his company.
2. Another concern was the lavatory faucet in my children's bathroom. I had the old broken down faucet replaced. I bought a new set to be installed but alas, after the installation, the connection was found to be leaking. I had the plumbers came back more than four times to redo the work. I even paid them for their back job, but the leaking problem always resurfaced after a day or two. I was in despair. I prayed to St. Joseph again, to Mother Mary, to the Holy Family, even to my father who used to take care of my childhood abode, to please help me restore the leaking faucet. At a certain point, after the plumbers had left the fourth time, I asked my driver to disassemble the entire unit. I decided then to buy and replace it with a better quality one (made in usa). I also requested my brother Wilson and his son Martin to lend me their plumbers. Thankfully with the new team and a new set, we finally solved the bathroom lavatory problem. At the end of my stay, in thanksgiving, I treated my house helps and driver (for they were equally despairing with me) to take-home Jollibee food. Yeah, I even included the neighbor's helpers too.
3. New roller shades were installed in the master bedroom window. I found out that now a days they don't do aluminum blinds anymore.
4. I also had the brakes of Emil's car fixed. Almost had a heated argument with my son because of it. I was depressed for I was alone doing all the fixing without my husband's help (He was in Cotabato by the way). For three weeks I was so impatient, so high strung and so in despair. Whenever I had nowhere to turn to, I walked to church, attended mass and asked the Lord and his mother and foster father for help. As I said before in another blog, St. Joseph must have been a very patient man and he was teaching me to be one too.

After three weeks, I am now home in Cotabato. Thank you Lord for the " Home Sweet Home ".

No comments:

Post a Comment