Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Repairs At Home

I am into four weeks of renovating my house. I am all flushed with :
A. Carpenters, masons, painters, plumbers, electrician, etc, walking and working about from 7:30 in the morning to 5:00 o'clock in the afternoon.
B. An endless request for materials such as wood, planks, plywood, cement, gravel, tiles, adhesives, galvanized sheets, steel bars, paints, screws, etc, etc.....
C. Expenses and paid-outs keep on piling up. It's hurting my pocket already!
D. Rotating brown-outs in the city (disruptions of power) that hinders the continuity of work
E. Noise barrage coming from all directions, be they drilling, banging or cutting, and others.
F. And dust all over the house.

I can stand the noise but not the dust, yet I stay at home all day long to help facilitate on-going works specially those in-coming-requisitions. Sometimes I pity the laborers, they have to carry heavy loads through 3 story flight of stairs. The tilers are really skillful, but those working on the roof top have to endure rougher condition working under the heat of the sun. These definitely are not easy jobs but they are nevertheless honest to goodness respectable work nonetheless. Sometimes though I get irritated when they don't try to keep the work place clean. My maids are kept busy cleaning after their litters and trash. My girls have to run the floor with rags three times a day to keep the dust at bay. They also carry and replenish big bottles of cold drinking water at the beckons of the guys. I tell you, it's chaos all over the house from top to bottom. But I see to it that Lucas comes home to a relatively clean house after the day's work. I  prompt everybody, the workers and all to clean up before 5 pm. Then my husband comes home to inspect the progress of the day and approves of it.

We have so far finished one room, two toilet and bath, one window finishing, the stairway roofing and 1/3 of the roof top. And oh, we trapped and caught 6 big rats too!  The maid's room comes next, after which I think I'll take a little breather after this.


No comments:

Post a Comment