Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Tom and Angel and Children

My son Tom left Manila for Cebu first week of May to open a new engineering office for his firm in Cebu. He is greatly challenged by his work. For embarking on his new career prospective, he has both mine and Lucas' blessings. Early this morning, Angel his wife and two children enplaned for Cebu to be with him. I am happy that Angel is a supportive wife. But I am going to miss my grandchildren most of all, age 7 and 3. They all lived with me in my second home in Manila. Whenever I was there, I enjoyed bonding with Dylan. (Yuri is too young to really get familiarized with me.) Dylan and I got to eat lunch together while everybody was at work. At the dinner table, I inculcated proper eating habits. He ate his veggies and finished his soup. We kept each other company. Sometimes he would agree to come with me to the grocery store and pushed my cart. I would mildly chide him for running around with the push cart though. He was however very keen with direction. This I had observed of him even at a very young age. My last visit to Manila, we went to the mall together. He casually led me to where I wanted to go by running ahead. I had to remind him. " Do not run. Ahmah can not run after you anymore." Sometimes alone at home, whenever he threw some tantrums, I would admonish a little disciplinary threat or helped him solve his besieged little problem. He would listen and behaved. One time I praised him to his parents for his good performances and behavior. Tom said that this boy just simply loved to please me.

Last night, knowing that they would be leaving for Cebu early in the morning, I talked to Dylan over the phone. I told him not to forget all of us. To always obey his parents and teachers. Not to forget some Chinese words that I taught him. To always remember to pray. His answers all came "Okay!", "Okay!". Then over the phone, I asked that we pray aloud together.... and he readily recited with me.... "Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom God's love, commits me here. Ever this day, be at my side, to light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen."
O my God please bless them always!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment