Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Auspicious Day

A happy prosperous auspicious day to everybody!!! Today September 19 is mid autumn festival day. If I am right, South Korea is also celebrating its new year's day today. A Happy New Year to the Koreans! Elsewhere in Asia, people are celebrating (good harvest) with dice game, prizes, plenty of food and mooncakes and tea. 

We used to do that here at home when it was relatively peaceful in Cotabato. But now a days many people have left or are not around. Yet I have high hopes that maybe things will change for the better next year. Today though, my spirit is high. I wear red for good fortune. I cook lumpia for the Tan family dinner. I have a box of four mooncakes which I bought from Cotiongbon Store. It is quite costly but there is no other store that sells this kind of delicacies here. (They are actually brought from Manila.) Tonight I put on my lanterns and multicolored lights for the occasion. I brew aromatic jasmin tea to go with my mooncake and Lucas and I will snack on it while watching television at night. Hahaha....what a romantic celebration, so rightly for a full moonlight night! Happy mid autumn festival to all!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment