Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Admiration

Three things I admire in a person:
1. Good in math - due to my disinterest in numbers, I so idolize mathematicians, physicists, businessmen and those people whose careers depend on daily dealings with calculations. For one, my husband is good with numbers. Together we taught and guided our children while they were growing up to do better with their math subjects in school. Thankfully today they are all doing good in their own field of mathematical works. Sometimes at home, when my husband and children dwell and speak in numerical figures, my heart swells just listening to them. Their conversation may sound alien to me but I do feel so very very proud. My own admiration and fulfillment in my own family.
2. Ear for music - People say this is an inborn talent. My maternal side of the family seems to be more inclined to this ability but it did not pass on to us the next generation. Many of my siblings are tone deaf, so too with some of my children, haha! I am the only person among my siblings who knows how to play the piano and I learn mostly through persistency. Despite it, I remain so below average. My husband though has an ear for notes. He knows how to play the tune by just simply listening. He used to play the clarinet with the school band. At home he can play the piano with his right hand. I so envy people with an ear for music. I marvel at musicians, singers and gifted people. Why can't I be like them!
3. Linguistic ability - My late mother was a linguist and I idolized her so. Although I can speak three languages fluently: English, Chinese (Fookian) and Tagalog, yet my Mandarin, Bisaya and Maguindanaon are barely passable. My brain and my tongue are quite stubborn and slow. Hahaha! On the other hand, Lucas, my husband is good. He can speak more than 5 dialects/languages. He is just not showy infront of other people. Sometimes he can even mimic the accent and tone to certain degree. I find it very funny! Lucas is quite interesting, he may not be the handsomest guy and the sexiest person; but I guess, now they understand the reasons for the admiration :)

No comments:

Post a Comment