Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Updating Rain and Floods

I went around few places in the city today and 'gasps!' the streets going to Notre Dame University were mostly flooded. The creeks were over flowing, even my old St. Martha School site was flooded too. (Thank God I did not buy that overpriced lot. Instead I terminated my lease and contract as well as permanently closed my three room kindergarten school. Thank God, He gave me the wisdom to know when to stop). In the city, the old concrete canals built in between buildings were back flowing and seeping through the floors. Old establishments like Co Tiong Bon Store, Yu Kian Guan Hardware, Citizen Bazaar etc were pumping out water from inside the stores to the streets. As I passed through Matampay Bridge, I fearfully estimated that the water was almost near bridge level. Low lying areas in Matampay and Nuling like Philippine Trade Center and its nearby places were flooded. From the flooded Nuling area, I saw belongings of people moved to the road side, they also pitched tents along with them. Some shanties and concrete houses built near the river banks were submerged halfway through. The water level although high was not turbulent though, for if ever the river had been rough, I am sure the shanties would have been washed away long time ago.

A good thing that rain had stopped this morning and the sun is shinning bright. If it continued to rain for 3 more days, half of the city I am afraid will have been flooded.

No comments:

Post a Comment