Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

500th Post Today

I just realized I had written my 500th blog today entitled "Apocalypse???"

I started writing at multiply.com on December of 2005. Back then, I read and learned from my children and their friends mostly on the same site. I hesitated to write at first, but my children encouraged me. I was afraid I might not be a good writer. I hated to become a bore to my readers. I was kind of shy and even afraid of criticism hence I wanted my site to be more exclusively for family and closed friends only. But when other people started to read and follow me, I was kind of pleased and became more courageous. Still I prefer my blog to have more limited viewers, I know many people will find it hard to connect or relate to me, my life, my way of thinking, my beliefs... and I don't want to displease or misguide anybody.

Yet I have not stopped writing since then, even when Multiply asked me to change venue because they were reformatting their site. Thankfully, my daughters transferred me to Blogspot. (My pictures posted in Multiply got lost though.)

I find blog-writing enjoyable and it keeps me busy. It is a way of binding me with my children who live far apart from home. We keep in touch and they get to know what's happening in town specially about Cotabato City. I also get to express myself and share my joy and bliss. Sometimes it is an outlet for disappointment or desperation. Also as a means to reach out to God in my most spontaneous/extemporaneous thoughts.  At the moment, I am happy that I am still keeping a limited view group but I don't mind when other people want to read it too.

Knowing that I have written a lot, realizing how talkative I have been......It's been great! What an accomplishment!!! Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment