Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Apocalypse???

These days, Cotabato City and the nearby municipalities are seemingly experiencing apocalyptic scenarios where darkness dominate our places with death, fear and danger. After the killer car bomb last week, came other intermittent blasts in Midsayap, Datu Piang, Kabacan, Upi and nearby supermarket area, etc. These bombings may be some kind of a diversionary ploy to distract investigative work from last August 5 incident, or it may also be a devising tactic to derail the peace talk between the government and the rebellious moros or both. Which ever they belong, they are the works of evil people who meant to harm, kill, hurt and sow fear in the hearts of people. Not only that, few days ago a son of a Filipino trader was also kidnapped (in between Aleosan and Pikit) and now, Cotabato City is currently rife with wild rumors of more atrocities to take place. We are being terrorized and people are terrified.

For me however, I think some of the wildly circulated text messages are penned from a band of different group of people and are brought about by common crazy evil-hearted persons. I can not fathom why some people seem to delight in chaos and become harbinger of lies and bad news. [In the past, I was in few instances able to hear concocted tales circulated by a gossiper (tsismosa) which were totally and utterly untrue. I avoided that lady ever since and I do not believe anymore in gossip as taken per se.] For me, I try to know and listen to what's going on but I don't pass around unreliable messages. Instead I advice my friends to be vigilant, to pray and keep on praying.

God who listens to our desperate prayers will help and answer us. He will aid us in our helplessness! Have faith my good people!!! Pray, I need to keep faith too. Help us O God!

No comments:

Post a Comment