Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Friends

Yesterday, my friends Imelda Tan Bugayong and Corazon Te Taeza and I went to Greenbelt, Makati. Aside from shopping and eating, we enjoyed an afternoon of marathon talking, most specially plans for our forthcoming reunion next February. When my good friends and I get together, time goes really fast. We can't seem to have enough of it. Hahaha!
This time around though, we have one long time high school friend who missed meeting us. Anita Du Siy is currently in the Philippines on vacation from New York. We haven't heard and seen her for so long. I was able to talk to her though over the phone the night before, as her schedule was quite hectic. She left for Boracay yesterday, and I may not be able to see her when she gets back next week. Because she hasn't communicated with us for so many years and may not be that enthusiastic to meet us, still I want to revive communications with her again. In light of friendship, I remember a quotation which we used to write at the back of our pictures. (When we used to give away photos of ourselves to our friends.)
The dedication goes this way......
"Friends are like melons, to have a good one you must a hundred try..."

And I like to add some more:

- You can make more friends in 2 months by becoming really interested in other people, than you can in 2 years by trying to get other people interested in you.........Bernard Metzer

- We can not tell the precise moment when friendship is formed.......Drop by Drop

- In the sweetness of friendship, let there be laughter and sharing of pleasure....Kahil Gibran

- Your friend is your needs answered.......Kahil Gibran

- Wishing to be friend is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit.......Aristotle

No comments:

Post a Comment