Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Devotion to Mother of Perpetual Help

The family devotion to 'Mother of Perpetual Help' started with my late mother. She was in Manila vacationing during the time when the 'Supermarket' of Cotabato City was in construction. In Manila, she was brought to Baclaran by her kins. They told her to make a wish inside the church. The story was...... before she went to Manila, my mother Mary Go Ledesma  made an offer to buy a lot in the up and coming market site. But the property being so hot, she was turned down by Mrs. Martinez the lot owner. So while she was asked to make a wish in Baclaran, my mother then prayed for a miraculous intervention, promising that if ever her wish would come true, she would light candles of thanksgiving. To her surprised, when she came back home to Cotabato from her vacation, Mrs. Martinez the lot owner had a changed of heart, came to see her, asked her if she was still interested to buy. My mom's prayer was thus answered and her wish came true.
Today, the devotion was transferred to her children. I have become a devotee of "Our Mother of Perpetual Help." I have come to her for help and intervention and thanksgiving. Not every prayer is being answered as I hoped it would, but somehow it has helped ease my pain and anxiety and in some instances, I have come to accept the will of God. The most important thing is....through her, I have come closer to my God and Creator. I hope to ever remain faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment