Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ramadan Bombing

Today August 2, 2011 is supposed to be the 2nd day of a month long purification and fasting called the Ramadan. But here in Cotabato City, defying whatever religious practices, a bomb exploded at around two plus in the afternoon. I was at the time on my way going to the Philippine Air Lines office, Almonte Street (near the corner of Parang Road). I was inside the car keenly listening to the radio broadcasting the bad weather in Manila. As my car approached to park at my destination, I saw people in commotion. They were running from Parang Road towards the market area. But people near and around my vicinity came out curiously looking towards a site were smoke was still smoldering. I did not hear the bomb explode maybe because of the radio broadcast inside the car, but everybody else said it was so loud and vibration so strong.
Apparently a bomb was placed on a parked motorcycle infront of a building owned by Atty. Eugenio Soyao along Parang Road. According to reports, several people were injured. Seriously injured were children inside a public van passing through the place. As of late this afternoon, a child was confirmed dead.
I am so angry at these terrorists! May God punish them severely for their wickedness done supposedly during this observation of their holy month. They seem to be provoking God. Last year they started their string of kidnapping activities during the holy month of Ramadan too. I am positively sure God knows what to do with them.
Lord, I pray, please keep us safe from these evil doers.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your prayers. We have to keep on praying to God to protect us all. Read Psalm 91.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction: It was a freelance photographer who died from the blast, not a child as earlier reported.

    ReplyDelete