Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Sunday in the Life of Lucas and Heddy

Last Saturday evening, I fearfully learned that a certain 'friend' would not be attending the Sunday mass because she had information that there would be bombing at churches in the city. Infact she had not been attending masses for a long time already. Rumor has it that she has reliable information. Here in Cotabato, to go to Church is always some kind of a safety risk. But my husband and I decided to go anyway. That evening I prayed an additional rosary for all our safety.

Sunday morning - My husband and I had eggs over-easy for breakfast at 7 AM. We went to church at the usual time. I wore a white dress as I was going to take my oath as a member of our parish Lecom community. Most members wore a uniformed white robe garb though. ( Hehe I am always some kind of a rebel in my own right.) The mass and the induction went well and uneventful. After the mass, my husband and I and a couple of friends took our mid morning snacks at ChowKing. Lucas had congee while I had chicken noodle soup and we shared a dish of tofu. Our snack with friends was always lively. After the snacks, together with our friends James and Siolan, we decided to visit a newly constructed mall near the old airport called Alnor. The mall is owned by an upcoming muslim businessman. Here in Cotabato, it is always a welcome addition to have new infrastructure in the city. Alnor's mall houses a Bo Coffee shop, a Chinese fine dinning restaurant (that doesn't serve pork) and other stores and establishments as well. It also has a hotel and a convention center. Pretty impressive. We did not actually get down to walk though, we just drove and park around. In addition to the mall establishment, there is also a new Jollibee on construction nearby. The franchise is owed by the South Sea's family complex.
Coming home, I was thankful for the peaceful outcome of the day. Lucas proceeded to the store to do some work in preparation for Monday, while I checked my email, surfed the internet and then practiced my piano pieces. For lunch we had lomie and fried chicken and string beans, and then off we went for a long Sunday afternoon siesta. At 4PM, Lucas and I snacked on toasted bread with cheese whiz. Lucas drank hot chocolate and I had tea for beverage. At 5 PM, we did taichi together. We did one round of warm-up and I did three rounds of taichi. ( Lucas did two.) When I finished my exercise, it was almost 6 o'clock. Since Sunday afternoon was also Sunday day-off for our housemaids, I took it to myself to prepare a fish dish. I cooked steamed lapu-lapu with ginger, black fungus, dried prune, red chinese herbs seeds and leeks soaked in rice wine. I have been inspired to cook since I had been watching and following up Master Chef Australia on tv. Just so timely, it was the final competition last night. Lucas and I watched the interesting finale episode. All in all, it was a restful, peaceful and interesting Sunday after all. It could not have been any better

3 comments:

  1. Great post ma! :) Marion and I are also watching masterchef australia. Your fish dish sounds yummy. Keep safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. seems like a very productive Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete