Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mid Autumn Moon Festival

Hello, happy mid-autumn moon festival! Today is lunar calendar August 15.
We moved in to our present abode 30 years ago. 'It is the most auspicious time of the year to move into a new home.' according to my mother-in-law who used to live with us. No need to consult any geomancer. I was not the perfect daughter-in-law but when I became the mistress of my own home, I vowed to be good. I resolved not to cause my mother-in-law any reason to leave this house due to domestic spats. I had many faults but I tried my best to be more tolerant. My mother-in-law stayed with me until she passed away in 1994.
When I moved to this new home, my eldest son Roy was 5 years old, Tom was 3 and Emil just turned 1. In the course of time, I gave birth to identical twin daughters Martha and Marion.
Today the children are no longer living with us in cotabato but they come home for vacations. The rooms are still all well kept. I host dancing sessions and conduct parties occasionally and celebrate family events. It is still very much of a lively home with me daily and loudly instructing the maids on what to do and how to cook. Every morning my helpers clean the house with the radio on full blast. At night, they watch tv shows in my sala. They have somehow become our jolly home companions.
Today, in celebration of our house anniversary, the maids and I prepared sotanghon for the employees in the store to partake. Tonight, I shall have hot tea and mooncake together with Lucas. The celebration is simplified this year because of the bad peace and order situation in Cotabato or else, we used to host pot luck dinner and dice game. Everybody in town is hoping for situation to improve.
Here's wishing all of us a happy, blessed, peaceful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment