Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Beautiful Sunday Afternoon

I went up to the roof top this afternoon around 5pm to look at the plants and flowers on our now well tended roof garden. The garden was a small L-shaped patch along the roof edge corner, with few trees, bushes and potted flowers. It had grown wild for sometime and unattended since my mother-in-law passed away, but I revived the roof garden again two years ago by hiring a gardener. And this girl Rowena, she had done well. She used rehashed rice water as fertilizer and now the flowers specially the orchids were abloom. I happily picked 3 branches of white orchids for my vase in the sala. I also picked up red palm seeds scattered on the floor for maybe a floral arrangement. I was not much of an interior decorator but I just loved doing something different once in awhile just for the sheer joy of personal expression. Anyway, while I was about to go down from the roof top, I looked up at the sky. It was almost dusk and the clouds were kind of hanging low. I remembered one of my foster exchange students, who once said. "How come the sky here seems to be so near us." to which I readily agreed. And this afternoon as the sun was setting down, the west horizon came in fiery red orange with few yellow colors in between. Near me, the sky was a clear blue and the clouds above were in lines and rows of reflected orange. The heaven was simply magnificent! I haven't watched sunset from my rooftop for quite a long time now and have I forgotten how beautiful it is. So captivating, so grand, yet so serene and blissful. Thank you God for your beautiful handiwork! I love You so!

No comments:

Post a Comment