Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cory Aquino on Dec. 9, 1988

I saw President Cory Aquino on December 9, 1988 at Malacanang Palace. I was chaperoning my 13 year old son Roy Patrick Tan and other Caltex Science Contest finalists and winners for a courtesy call. My son was representing region 12 together with Tisha Lee Eduave and Jakeson Angulo as a team. They got qualified to the magic five and thus therefore given the honor to meet the president. There was a short program in Malacanang for the particular occasion. The children were of course seated infront while the parents and teachers at the back of them. It was a short interlude seeing the president, but I like to share my impression. Cory appeared to be more fair and beautiful in person than in pictures. Why so? Maybe because of the way she carried herself with dignity and class... a more enduring effect one sees in a real person even for brief moments of encounter.

3 comments:

  1. Cory Aquino, although not perfect, did a lot for our country, she loved this country. She sacrificed a lot for our country. I think it will be a long time before any other presidents will be honored like she was. I think it's cool for you to have had a brief encounter with her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wala na ang Caltex Science Contest ngayon :(

    ReplyDelete