Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Off the hook

Finally! I did my last day of reporting on March 31, 2009 at CCI.
It was card giving day and most of the class advisers were busy. Since I wasn't a class adviser, I had actually nothing much to do except helped an English class adviser answer questionnaires for a student who was transferring. Then together with the Chinese teachers, I had an early pot luck lunch at the Chinese faculty room. While eating with the Chinese teachers, I participated in a discussion that concerns faculty membership fees ( or a refund of them ) - an issue that divided into two factions of thinking and grouping. Since I was relative new and didn't know what transpired many years ago, I stayed passive and neutral. The Chinese teachers though had plenty to say but the problem with them was few were vocal during faculty meetings. ( Probably there is only one teacher who can really voice out her opinion but sometimes she is short of hearing and understanding of meeting agendas.) They wanted me to speak for them but I told them that I'm out of cci starting April 1st and that the next faculty meeting would be on April 16. Infact I told them that the issue had been discussed already during two separate meetings and since they were present but nobody opposed, the refund (or in any other form of name) was already approved. If they wanted to take up the matter again, they have to be present during the next cci faculty meeting which will be on the 16th. The Chinese teachers this time wanted the meeting to be moved earlier, infact right that day,  for they were kind of heated up already but the English department teachers wouldn't agree to it. One Chinese teacher became nasty though declaring war, and they moved the meeting one day earlier from April 16 to April 15...............which I doubt would make any difference.
I had lately taught at cci from June 2008 to March 2009. For those ten months I was there, many things were so unorganized and still are............. I am glad I am out, finally!

2 comments: