Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

a very long March

This March finds me working hard, finishing my tasks in school:
1. Going over all the notebooks and work texts of the kids, pasting all remaining quizzes,  finishing remaining exercises, computing all the grades, getting the weighted percentages   etc etc
2. Preparing finals test papers - I make lively test papers with lots of picture clues. I enjoy  making good looking test papers though. hehehe
3. Signing pertinent papers and records as department head.
4. Deliberation of honors
5. Graduation rehearsals ( lots of issues here )
6. Graduation Day
7. Recognition day for undergraduate honor pupils ( many issues from the parents )
8. Parties, parties and parties
9. Reports and clearances
10. and everything is not over yet....hehehe...more eating engagements to come

To add to all of these physical activities ....is an emotional concern for my family in Manila....... Two weeks ago, a house maid in Manila got sick. After an on and off recurrence of fever, she was confined at St. Luke Hospital. The doctors there would not admit her in the ward but rather put her instead in a private room for suspicion of infectious disease. After undergoing several blood testing, she was diagnosed to be sick of german measles. Angel, my daughter-in-law who attended to the sick helper while at home was six months pregnant and this really got us all worried that she may get contaminated with rubella. For the boys,  Tom and Emil had either contracted or was vaccinated with the disease but the girls, nobody could recall. Angel went to see her OB and the twins, their pediatrician. They went through certain blood testing to determine whether they had the illness before. While waiting for the results which took days, I asked all of them to pray. We were most concerned about Angel and the baby in her womb. (The sickness is most critical to the unborn child.) During those few days, I think my heart sank to the bottom of my stomach. I prayed really hard... I added my call for help to the Blessed Mother who is a mother to us all, to St. Joseph - protector of our homes, to St. Therese of the Child Jesus to intercede... and finally Angel's test result came and lo, I was so happy for she had been exposed to the illness before and is immune from it already. I am really really very thankful for her protection. I love you my God for loving us.
Updating the blood results, the twins had negative indications and so they went for their vaccinations last Saturday. After which they celebrated their birthday with their high school peer group at trinoma.
And Tom has renovated and repainted the children's room this March. I saw the pictures from Tom"s site. What a long March :) Done so many things and the month is not over yet. hahaha

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully we'll be done with the ground floor when you get here, but I doubt it... it's gonna be a crazy summer vacation for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to finish it anyway. If not.. well, we'll have something to do then. hehehe

    ReplyDelete