Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Holy Week Observance 2009

My husband and I, successfully followed all the holy week rituals at our parish, the Queen of Peace Church in Cotabato City this year and loved them.
1. We had confession on Holy Thursday, attended the "Last Supper" mass and did 30 minutes of vigil at the transfered tabernacle. The confession and mass was heard and presided by Monsignor Antonio Pueyo, DCC. Father Pueyo used to be our parish priest some 15 years ago and I think he was here this holy week to help out our ailing priest Father German Tiaga, DCC. Father Pueyo and Father Tiaga were former classmates in the seminary.
2. We also got to follow the Way of the Cross procession done on Good Friday morning. One of the stations, the Six Station was put infront of our store at Magallanes St. This was a special favor given to my sister-in-law Conchita A. Tan, who has been a very active leader in the church. I was the lead reader of the Six Station. In the afternoon, my husband and I also attended the Adoration of the Cross and communion service at 3:00 PM.
3. The Easter Vigil Mass with the renewal of the baptismal vow on Saturday was the longest mass ever but the rites in Queen of Peace Church didn't make it feel that long. I was able to attend Easter Vigil masses in many other churches in the Philippines, and I must say, I do appreciate it more inside my own parish church.
4. Then my husband and I woke up at 4AM this morning to join the "Salubong" and happily we participated in the Easter Sunday Eucharistic Celebration. I was also inducted as a new member of the Lecom community. Happy Easter everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment