Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Season 2008

It was an eventful and busy yuletide season. I lost a few pounds and had more prominent eye bags. I'm going to write down the sequence of events to help me remember:
1. In school, there were plentiful of extra curricular activities such as the Parents Day celebration on December 7, four weeks of Kris Kringler exchange, students inter-classroom caroling, pupils Christmas party, faculty dance contest (where we ended second to the last place, although I sincerely believe our group could have been first or second placer) and faculty Christmas party.
2. 9 days of early dawn masses.
3. "The Latest Fashion" ballroom dancing party on December 20 at my residence.
4. Brother-in-law Antonio Yu illness got worse sometimes after December 15. Visited him and sister Jeannette at the Notre Dame Hospital. Tony got worse and his family brought him to Davao for better medical attention. I acted as laison person, keeping in touch with his daughter Dessa and reporting his condition to my other siblings in Manila and finally Tony Yu succumbed to the big C and his demise on the 21st of December.
5. Kept vigil with my sister and her family during their hours of sorrow on December 22.
6. My husband and I left Cotabato for Manila to be with our children on the 23rd of December.
7. Christmas Dinner with Uncle Fernando and his family on the 24th.
8. Family day on the 25th
9. I left Manila for Cotabato with Lucas and sis Theng and brother Jun on the 26th.
10. We attended the last wake and the interment of Tony Yu on the 27th
11. Left Cotabato again for Manila with Lucas and Theng and Jun on December 27th.
12. My brother Wilson's birthday in San Juan, Manila on December 27th.
13. New Year's Eve family party at my second home in Quezon City with Jun and Len and Boy and our respective families. (Ollie and Solan in San Francisco, Imelda celebrating with the Yaos and Jeannette together with her children in Cotabato.)

Christmas and New Year's pictures to follow when I return to Cotabato soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment