Pages

Friday, August 8, 2008

magnificent

I watched the Beijing Olympic opening ceremony on tv last night. It was a spectacular, splendid awesome show of culture, arts and lights. Immediately, the opening drum performance gave me goose bumps. The ceremony was magnificently beautiful. Man power and human grace were undeniable present on stage, plus hi-tech showmanship of lights and effects. I clapped my hands at every fascinating performance. I couldn't help but I thought of my late father who loved to watch athletic events. He was a Sino avid and a mainland advocate. How happy he would have been if he were alive to see the olympics being held in China today.
The parade of the nation's athletes was always grand but whereas, it used to be stiff and boring, last night parade was joyous, friendly, cheery and gay. Congratulations China! Hep hep hurrah!


1 comment:

  1. true! especially the lighting of the torch!! amazing!! =)

    ReplyDelete