Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

adjusting to new employment

I came home to cotabato last monday and reported for work yesterday. I was aghast at my new employment for there was no clear cut way of communication. People just presumed that I knew there was a meeting. When and where? In the morning or in the afternoon? What time? what place? Assuming that somebody was bound to tell me, yet I got so irritated that a department head was left out in the dark, asking so many questions at her supposedly own teachers. Being new as such, I got testy and asked "Who is supposed to inform whom? Tell me for I really don't know!"
Anyway, I was so hyper yesterday.....I was not used to doing things one week before the opening. I was in a panic like a manic but I got to finish a lot of things at my own insistence and persistence. I sweated liked a peon by running here and there but at the end of the day, I got lots of things done, fixed and scheduled and assigned.
After following up classroom arrangements today, I now sit down to prepare for a pre-school meeting. I need to conduct a pre-school faculty conference before the opening. I am preparing hard for it for I want to consolidate our works and efforts together as a team. I need a whole day with the kiddie teachers but the principal though seems to be resisting my request. She thinks I can just do it in few minutes time, as she is using them all for 4 days of school enrollment. I have to try very hard to get things done. I'll have it done anyway. I just have to do it...until then.....

1 comment: