Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Children all dispersed

I was following Roy's flight schedule yesterday from USA to Norway. He was going for a computer software conference. His research while still in Virginia Tech was accepted by the conference committee and he will be there to present his study papers. Microsoft, the company where he presently works for is sponsoring his conference expenses. Knowing Roy, who is always in a last minute rush and absent minded self, I couldn't help worry. As of present writing, he is still on his way to the Scandinavian country. (He forgot to bring his Microsoft badge though)
Follow-up thoughts - I couldn't help think about the day before yesterday when I was giving Marion a last minute instruction as to what to pack for her trip to Singapore. "Bring an extra pair of eyeglasses" She is at present with a group of friends on vacation.
Being a worrywart mother, I always worry unneccesarily so I resort to praying which is my only solution. Thinking about it, I really worry about them all............
1. Of Martha taking her finals and preparing for her thesis defense - Is she sleeping? Drinking lots of fluid in this hot weather? Catching up with her school work?
2. Of  ever busy Emil working in Cebu....Is he happy? Is he healthy?
3. Of Tom, Angel and Dylan - Are they doing ok with work? Is Dylan eating well? Are they handling and balancing their time and finances wisely?
All these and many more.........why do I worry? because I am in Cotabato and not with anyone of my children. My family members are all dispersed and this causes me to feel paranoid regarding their health, safety, happness, education, work, undertakings, etc, etc...
A last minute thought.... Not to worry though, for God keeps us together..........pray.

3 comments:

  1. I'm ok here, no need to worry. Worrying about us won't make things better. Send cash instead. hahahaha. joke. We're fine most of the time, so no need to worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah don't worry. I seem stressed this pass few weeks but don't worry. its just few days before the school term ends. I'm sleeping more than usual. hahaha i realized having sleepless nights just gets me tired easily. So I sleep more now. Am i drinking lots of fluid? yes! :) its so hot here in Manila, sometimes i finish two jugs of water in just 3 hours of studying. hahaha So im drinking a lot. As for the schoolwork, well im getting by. :D there are just three more things to finish before next Monday. I'm sure I'll cope, so dont worry. :)

    ** I think yong is having lots of fun in singapore :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dylan's doing fine. Adam and my mommy spent the night here to spend time with dylan. Work... is still work. hehehe nothing had changed. Thinking of staying there for another 2 years then teach. =) hehehehe. Time and finances... ganun pa din. hehehe

    ReplyDelete