Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Lucy Teh, Pat Stanley and I

What do we have in common? It's Father Yves Caroff! A priest and a missionary.

Lucy Teh sent through me her Christmas gift for Father Caroff, and my husband and I visited him for the second time this week, last Sunday at the Oblates House on December 9, 2007.
Father Caroff was very happy to see us and likewise very thankful and grateful for Lucy and her husband Basil's concern and generousity. I told him before about Pat Stanley concern for him too but Father Caroff couldn't seem to recall the engineer he met in Malaysia long time ago. Until  last Sunday, I told him that Pat Stanley was the one who built the bridge in Malaysia, then he remembered. He said yes and he very happily told me. " I used to pass that ( name of the bridge ) before, a lot of time.Tell him to come and built bridges here."
I tell you, despite his disability, he has a very keen sense of mind and memory.

After the visit though, I felt sad and depressed because I have seen the extend of his disabilty and I fear for the worse. He was still in catheter and had difficulty with bowel movement. He even said he had a hard time sleeping the night before. He tried to call Lucy through his handset to thank her for the gift but the line was busy. He could hardly hold his phone. His hands and fingers were shaking so much. I quickly told him, not to try anymore as I will just email Lucy about our visit. Before I could write Lucy an email, Father Caroff  was able to reach her through the mobile that afternoon. I was glad they were able to talked to each other. But I am fearful that his condition is deteriorating, I don't know for how long he could be brave, for I am not. Let's all pray for him.

1 comment:

  1. He'll be in my prayers. I hope for the best for Father Caroff

    ReplyDelete