Pages

Monday, October 16, 2006

Lorraine's wedding and others

Last October 15, 2006, we attended the wedding of Lorraine to Stalin in Manila. My husband Lucas stood as one of the sponsors together with William Ko and Ricky Lim, Aleta Ko, Garland Lu, Judith Lim among others. The bride was very very pretty and the bride's mother was very pretty as well. The happy parents Alberto and Mildred Lim were gracious hosts to their guests and relatives, many of whom were Cotabateneos. The exchange of vows took place in Sanctuario de San Jose, East Greenhills while the reception was held in Shangrila, Makati. It was a high profile wedding with picture perfect flower arrangements and rainbow colored motiff. The bridal and entourage gowns were handsomely made by a well known couturier, very specially designed ( I forgot the name of the couturier though ).


I met many Cotabato friends at the reception whom I had not seen for a long time. My Auntie Pilar was one of them with my cousin Henry Lim. I was most happy though to see my best friend Imelda Bugayong and her husband Arthuro. They came home from a sojourn in United States. We had a lot of catching up to do but we didn't have enough time to chat for long because we were seated in different tables. Anyway we will be seeing each other again very soon.


The only thing I do not like about weddings in Manila is the delayed banquet time. The reception was supposed to be at 6:30 pm but it was almost 9 pm when we started eating. It was a good thing Lucas and I and Tom and Angel, we took a good snack while we waited at the hotel lobby. Martha and Marion did not attend because martha had two long tests on Monday and it was final examinations for Marion in Ateneo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment