Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Visitors

I have a handful of visitors this November and December:
First, my sister Helen Tansuk came on November 25th to attend the inauguration and blessing of the newly renovated church, our Queen of Peace Parish. My sister Helen lives and resides in Manila now, but she came purposely to represent my maiden family, the Ledesma for the donation of the church sanctuary's crucifix. The church event was to take place on November 27, and she arrived on the 25th. I hosted her at my home.
The next day, November 26, my brother Willie Ledesma together with his wife Solan enplaned to Cotabato to attend the same event. The couple had not been to Cotabato for quite sometime. The affair's invitation which coincided with the celebration of the 60th year anniversary of the Mary Mediatrix Ladies Circle was too good to pass. This double celebration was simply good timing for them to visit their hometown. This grand occasion does not happen everyday and surely it will not happen again in another 20 to 30 years. I was more than glad to have them as my guests too.
For this particular affair, I was myself very busy preparing for own my participation, and I was glad that Helen and Ollie and Solan could be here with me during this momentous occasion. I was assigned to be the second reader for the mass. I would also be singing with the choral group at night during the 60th anniversary party of the MMLC. Would not it be nice to have your own personal audience among a sea of people who were trying to best each other? Hehehe.

Below are some pictures of the double event:
Inauguration and blessing of the newly renovated church with Cardinal Quevedo presiding the concelebrated mass. The Ledesma family donated the sanctuary' s crucifix.
My husband Lucas, my sister Helen, the parish priest Father Charlie Celeste, chairperson of the renovation and past president Juliet Tsang, myself, my brother Ollie and my sister-in-law Solan.
City tour and to the Grand Mosque for sightseeing.

Seated with my siblings and friends during the MMLC anniversary party.
Our choral presentation. Many lauded us as the best performance of the night. We did well I think. Hehehe.

After the celebration, Ollie and Solan left Cotabato. Helen stayed for few more days. She then returned back to Manila on November 30. And immediately the next day, December 1st, I had a new set of guests from LA, USA in the persons of  Jose and Lolita Lim, the brother-in-law and sister of my husband, respectively. Below are some pictures taken during their stay:
Family picture with the Tans at the office.
The Tan siblings.
Family dinner.
City tour.

Visiting the old alma mater.
Dinner party with family and friends at Lucio and Conchita's place.

No comments:

Post a Comment