Pages

Friday, November 28, 2014

With High School Buddies in Bohol

After the 3D2N reunion at Shangri-la Hotel, Cebu; my bosom buddies Imelda, Anita, Corazon (and Cora's husband Boy) and I went to Bohol for a side trip. I had been to Bohol two to three times already with my family in the past, yet this time I accommodated my friends specially Imelda and Anita for old time sake to be with them in this journey. The trip to Bohol was booked by Corazon entirely and understandably it was a budget fare. When we arrived Bohol, I was disappointed that we stayed in Tacbilaran town, as I was all expecting to be at the Beach where most tourists were billeted. However I appreciated the kind hospitality of the lodging house and enjoyed the countryside's simple yet clean accommodation. But I had been to Bohol before and I knew the beach was the foremost tourist destination, and so I began inquiring about going to the seaside. However the innkeepers (including the van driver) were hesitant to accommodate. It was a good thing I was persistent for I so wanted to celebrate my birthday on November 10, 2014 with my friends by eating seafood dinner with a real seaside ambiance. My inquiry was made fruitful, for at last they consented to extend our tour to the beach with additional fare. So after a whole day tour of the Chocolate Hills, Tarsiers Conservation Forest, Loboc River, Baclayon Church and the Assumption Dauis Church, upon my insistent and persistent despite being so tired, we were finally brought to the Alona public beach. Actually, I had been to a more beautiful beach strip before where the white sand was fine and the water pristine. I wanted to go there but I did not know where it was located. The driver though for unknown reason was not accommodating enough, he was beginning to be irritated with me. It was getting dark, so I settled to go to Alona public beach instead. My friends and I were not disappointed though, the local beach was teeming with inns and restaurants and foreign tourists were aplenty specially the divers. So we picked a restaurant along the stretch and chose some fresh seafood to be cooked. At sunset, we ate rice, crabs, shrimps and fish on the beach shore. My bare feet played freely with the fine white sand. That dinner was for me personally the highlight of the day. Hehehe.......!


 We called ourselves the Scorpians: Anita, Heddy and Imelda

With Cora and her husband Boy Taeza

At the Cholcolate Hills, Bohol

 Dauis, Our Lady of Assumption Church in repair after the earthquake last year.

At Alona Beach, Bohol

No comments:

Post a Comment