Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Updating Previous ChingMing Post

Today, my daughters Martha, Marion and I went to the graveyard of my parents Francisco and Mary Ledesma. Together with my siblings, sister-in-laws Diane and Solan, and two nephews, we did a modified Chinese Catholic ChingMing. We swept the ground, cleaned the tombs, offered flowers, lighted candles, burned incense, offered food of fruits, snacks and water and recited the rosary.

After which we proceeded to visit the mausoleum of my grandparents Mr. Go Bon Kia and Mrs. Laurena Go, a few distance away from where my parents were laid. We offered candles, lighted incense and recited a few prayers.

It was my intention to visit their graveyards. I prayed for their holy souls and asked them to interceed for us too. I just wanted to say " Papa, Mama I still love you!" and "Grandpa and Grandma, we have not forgotten you".

No comments:

Post a Comment