Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Ledesma Siblings Trip to Japan

I went to Japan last March 1, 2014 to March 9 with my siblings. We were:
1. Imelda (Theng)- the eldest
2. Jeannette (Tata) - the second eldest
3 & 4. William (Jun)- the elder brother and his wife, Jean
5. & 6. Helen - the third sister with her son, Bernard
7. Heddy - myself
8 & 9. Wilson (Boy) - my younger brother and his son, Miguel
10 & 11. Willie (Ollie) - my youngest brother and his wife, Solan

We were supposed to be 12 persons going, together with Diane the wife of Wilson. But she got left behind in Manila to take care of her father, who was sick and admitted to the hospital's intensive care unit. Early on during the planning stage, Lucas my husband decided not to come with us because he was afraid of the cold. I also did not insist upon him to come along for I wanted to be carefree with my siblings during this our second Ledesma trip abroad. We went to China in 2003, arranged by our Hongkong Chinese brother Uy Chiong Bian to visit the ancestral home of our late father Francisco Ledesma. After 11 years, now that we were all older, I prayed for this vacation to materialize and hoped for it to go well without a hitch. I thanked God and continue to thank him for granting us this opportunity to be together. We, who had been bereaved of a mother early in life. Imelda had somehow taken the difficult task of being the eldest and our leader. Together with Helen, she initiated this bonding sojourn of the siblings. Most of us were and are not rich, yet we have been very temperamental in nature. There were some scenes and a few drama during the course of our travel, yet as a whole, the entire trip was a lot of fun. I love Japan for its discipline, polite people, cleanliness, honesty, progress and ironically conservativeness. God willing, I do plan to go back next year with my husband and children.

No comments:

Post a Comment